Finding the Perfect Gardener
A beautiful home is nothing without beautiful gardens. The wow-factor your guests will enjoy when they turn into your driveway and approach your home, pausing to take in the elegance and splendour of their surroundings. A stunning garden becomes an alternative space to entertain and relax with your guests, in an area specially created and luxurious under the sun, the moon and the stars.
But maintaining that outdoor glamour takes attention to detail, creative flair, experience and a lot of ongoing work from a highly skilled and knowledgeable gardener or team of gardeners to keep it looking pristine, day in, day out.
So, what skills, duties and qualifications should you be requesting to find the perfect gardener?
Read on to find out more:
- Gardeners with landscape design qualifications and/or award winners will be able to look after your grounds, but will also have the experience and knowledge to turn your gardens into a beautiful work of art where you'll want to spend time with family and friends.
- Gardeners range from having basic gardening skills and experience to take care of your plants and lawns to far more experienced head gardeners, who will have a more detailed knowledge of land management and horticulture.
- Your head gardener should be perfectly placed to manage staff, budgets, the day-to-day running and maintenance of your garden as well as overseeing larger scale gardening or landscaping projects.
- Your gardener should have a love of gardening, be passionate about their work and have a exceptionally good attention to detail which will be evident in the quality of their work, the quality of your garden and the successful outcome of their design and planting.
- Experienced gardeners should have completed a range of gardening projects; from modern landscaping to contemporary estate garden design.
- No matter what style you prefer; traditional or modern? Your gardener should listen and share your vision for the garden and have a love of all things horticultural, combining their extensive knowledge, training and experience to maintain your grounds - whatever your vision.
- With experience working on large properties or country estates, your gardener should have a good and wide-ranging knowledge of vegetable and herb gardens, as well as formal gardens, themed gardens, woodland areas, swimming pools, ponds and topiary.
- It would also be helpful if your gardeners had experience driving heavy vehicles and specialist machinery when it comes to the heavier, hard-landscaping duties.
- If there aren't enough duties to employ a full time gardener think about hiring a domestic couple who can work together as a team, sharing out the duties around the home and grounds.
Household Staff Jobs
To find Household staff such as housekeeper, cook, beautician, butler, maternity nurse, horsekeeper, AV/IT Specialist and many more, simply click Household Staff.
For links to training courses for hospitality, silver service, sommelier, fitness instructor, culinary and specialist culinary simply click Specialist Training.
Or if you're looking for a job onboard some of the most beautiful motor yachts and super yachts worldwide simply click Yachting Staff. Current listings include; Captain, Deckhand, Chef, 2nd Engineer, Sous Chef, Stew/Masseur/euse, Housekeeping Stewardess etc.